Friday, May 29, 2015

Event - Health Hut Official Opening Party

On Thursday May 28, I ventured out to the official launch party of the Health Hut in Harbord Village at 171 Harbord St. http://healthhutboutique.com/


This is a modest little shop in the main floor of one of those cute converted Victorian houses. The interior of the shop is brightly light with small sections of various natural beauty brands; including standards like Tata Harper and many Toronto-based brands like Sudsatorium. 

The event itself was held mostly outside the shop in an alcove beside the building. It was setup with a table of products and testers, a DJ, snacks table and an open bar. I had myself some Beau's beer; an Ontario brand that prides itself on being organic, Eco-friendly and delicious. 


It was a pleasure to speak with the owner herself; Tara Miller, a holistic nutritionist, and get recommendations on products. I was eyeing a tinted facial SPF and she pointed out another less-expensive facial SPF product that she also carried. That was so awesome and very much appreciated. 

So what did I pick up, you may ask?

I picked up a Ilia lipstick in 'Wild Child' for my sistafriend, which I'm sure will be reviewed over at Sense of Aesthetic. I also picked up Graydon Products 'Sun Cream'; samples available from their website for $2 each: http://clinicalluxurybynature.com/products/sun-cream-nourish-your-face

I've been looking for a lightweight and natural facial SPF that I can wear on a regular basis and underneath makeup. As per Tara's recommendation and the little bit I tried on my hand, this product seems promising.

And lastly I got a sample of Aromaflage which is marketed as a 'botanical fragrance and insect repellent'. Sounds interesting. Again you can pick up a sample from their website for $3.50 each: http://www.aromaflage.com/products/aromaflage-sample

I'll do an in depth review of these products once I've tried them and made a decision on their efficiency. Stay tuned for that!

Overall I think the event was a success and I enjoyed it very much. My favourite part was watching the owner's mother run around making sure everyone was taken care of. Oh moms. :)

Thanks for reading and please comment, like and share. As always, here's to your uncommonly wealthy life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment