Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The Natural Beauty Life

Here on the blog, I talk a lot about my inner world and how I keep it healthy. I'm going to start talking more about my outer world and how I also keep it healthy and uncommonly wealthy.


Aside from my personal musings that I occasionally share on this blog I want to also share some specific ways I live in an uncommonly wealthy way. 

I break down what my uncommonly wealthy life looks like on the 'New? Start Here!' page and the 'About' page. But for today I'm going to start off by talking about better beauty. 

In my younger years I simply dabbled in the realm of natural, healthy and Eco-friendly beauty. Due in large part to the fact that at the time there wasn't much on the market other than Burt's Bees, Kiss My Face and Live Clean. For this reason I found it hard to really get into it and never fully committed to the cause. 

In the last year or so that has all changed. With the help of bloggers like Sense of Aesthetic and Beauty Lies Truth, who actually have the patience to do the research needed as well as the availability of great resources like the Environmental Working Group (EWG); things are looking up. 

Consumers are more informed that ever, thanks in large part to the Internet, and we're pissed. We're starting to realize that there's harmful junk in our beauty products that has no place being there and we're not gonna take it. 

There are so many healthy and natural options on the market today, and usually available all over the world, that there's no reason for shit to end up in our beauty products. There are even recipes all over the internet for making your own products. 

This is an exciting time and I'm really happy to be in it. In the spirit of this blog and living a healthy life I'm going to start a regular posting where I highlight some of the great products and brands that I use. I'll highlight brands and products that I truly believe in and that have got it together in the natural beauty area of things. 

This will include all-natural, organic, cruelty-free and when possible fair trade beauty products. Things like makeup, lotions, shampoos, conditioners, soap, nail polish, lip balm, sunscreen and so on. 


This is going to be a really new and fun feature and will only be the beginning of posts having to do with how I aim to live life in an uncommonly wealthy and healthy way. 

Stay tuned and let me know what you'd like to see featured. Cheers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment