Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Green Smoothie Challenge - Week 2 Complete


Week 2 is complete of my June 30-day Green Smoothie Challenge and I have some more wonderful insights to impart that I've realized along this health journey. Remember at the end of week 1 when I said it was easier than I'd expected well the opposite is true at the end of week 2. Here's what I'm talking about:

Self-sabotage reared it's ugly head:

A couple days into week 2 I had an internal temper tantrum in the form of 'I'm sick of smoothies, I'm sick of health food, whine, whine, complain & whine, etc.' and so I took a day off from the smoothies and I ate a bunch of delicious, but not the best for me, food. The result: I felt like junk and I couldn't wait to get a green smoothie back into me asap and the next day that's exactly what I did.

I slipped up but I didn't let that derail the entire challenge:

I slept off the junk food coma and I woke up the next morning and got right back on the green smoothie train and I felt so much better for it. I forgave myself for the small dalliance into the land of forbidden food and I got back into eating healthy and taking care of myself. I also learned some important lessons from my slip-up.

Drinking green smoothies makes me feel great:

Having now completed over 2 weeks of drinking one green smoothie a day I can now understand why self-professed health addicts love them so. I definitely feel like drinking them is a great way to support my body's natural detox process every day. They're great for making me feel like I've reset back onto the healthy path after my junk food misadventure.

I AM capable of making significant habit changes:

I've tried in the past with varying levels of success to break bad habits and/or establish good habits and when I've not succeeded it's always an excuse for my Gremlin to beat up on me. Well screw you Gremlin, because I can do this and I'm proving it to myself and that stubborn Gremlin every day that I'm capable of making all sorts of positive and lifelong changes. It also reminds me that this is a personal journey with myself and the only person I'm hurting by not doing it is myself.

I'm excited to see what comes next on this first 30-day health challenge. Yes, you read that right, this is the first of many challenges that I plan on undertaking every month. Stay tuned for what I have planned for my next 30-day health challenge in July.

For now, here's another delicious Green Smoothie Recipe that I discovered this week:

1 cup baby spinach
1 cup coconut water
1 tsp each of flax seeds, ground chia seeds & veggie-based protein powder
1/2 cup frozen peaches
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
1/2 cup organic Greek yogurt

Blend spinach, coconut water and the additives together until smooth. Add the fruit and yogurt and blend again until desired consistency is reached. Drink and enjoy! :)


Any suggestions for green smoothie recipes that you know and love, please share! As always here's to your uncommonly wealthy life! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment